Who are we?
The Manchester Urban Collaboration on Health’s mission is to perform world-class research applicable to populations locally, nationally and globally. We have a number of international and local projects funded by bodies including:
- European Commission
- Health Protection Agency
- Manchester City Council and the Association of Greater Manchester PCTs
- NHS Bury and NHS Screening Programmes
- NHS Manchester and University Hospital South Manchester
- Department of Health
- Cancer Research UK and Macmillan (via Christie NHS Trust)
- Directorate General of Health and Consumer Affairs
- Georgia State University
- Festival of Public Health UK
Every year MUCH host the Festival of Public Health UK, bringing together over 400 Public Health professionals, students and many other interested parties from across the UK. This year’s Festival will took place on Thursday July 4th, 2013.
- The 11th International Conference on Urban Health
MUCH will be hosting the International Conference on Urban Health (ICUH) between March 4 - 7th 2014. The ICUH meetings provide an international forum for knowledge exchange among urban health stakeholders, with the ultimate goal of mobilising and energising like-minded professionals to address the effects of urbanisation and urban environments on the health of urban populations.
Get in touch